Sunday, July 24, 2011

a breeze

I normally love summer.  Even the heat that comes along with a South Carolina summer.  BUT, yesterday was the 6th day in a row of sweltering heat, so I spent most of my Saturday inside.  (Well, if you don't count the 7.43 mile run completed before 8am).    I originally had all these plans of spending the afternoon out shopping, but the heat this week completely wiped me out.

This guy is wiped, too.


We actually did venture out to lunch and to the new Mast General Store in town, and scored two $10 off coupons which I used to buy some Columbia tank tops for running.  After our lunch, however, I alternated between my couch and my bed, drinking up lots of ice cold water.

This morning, when I woke up, it was already hot, and the dog was going a little stir-crazy from being inside most of the day yesterday.  I decided to take him out back and toss the tennis ball around and when I opened the door, I felt the most glorious BREEZE!  The actual movement of air!    Just when I had started to lose all hope of it ever cooling off again!

I'm looking forward to a slightly more productive day today.  It's the little things, like a breeze, that can really turn your day around.  Any good ideas for hot weather activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment