Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Parmesan Chicken Recipe

Tonight I made one of our favorite dinners.  I got the original recipe from my friend Megan a few years ago after she published it in the church cookbook.  She had us over and made it for dinner one night, and I fell in love.  I might not have all the details exactly the same as she makes it, but thought I'd share my rendition.

It is a little bit labor intensive, so I don't make it often, but I had some free time today and hadn't made it in a while.  After eating it, I remembered it is TOTALLY worth all the work.

Parmesan Chicken Recipe:

You'll need:
Chicken (you can use chicken breasts cut in half, I thawed the frozen chicken breast tenderloins)
Shredded Parmesan (I use the bagged grocery store version)
Eggs
Salt&Pepper
Grape Tomatoes
Spinach
Goat Cheese (optional - I left it out this time because we had pasta salad with feta)
Olive oil

Instructions:
Beat your eggs in a small bowl with salt & pepper, dip the chicken in the eggs, then dip it in parmesan cheese, covering both sides.

Heat small amount of olive oil in skillet, and cook chicken (without flipping) until more than half-way done.

When you flip the chicken, the cooked side should be a pretty golden/brown.  Continue cooking until done all the way through.  Then, top with chopped grape tomatoes, spinach & goat cheese (if using).  Allow spinach to wilt, then you're ready to serve!



We had one of our go-to side dishes - homemade pasta salad (noodles, zesty italian, feta, tomatoes), but this would also be great with a big salad or some other green veggie.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment