Friday, August 24, 2012

Race registration & training update

I’ve updated my race training schedule, and I realized I had originally left out the week of Sept 1st! Hurrah for an extra training week! We’re hitting the hills again this weekend. In other news, I’ve also registered for the Habitat for Humanity 15K the week before our half marathon. Originally, I thought I was going to have to do my training run by myself that weekend, so this will be a nice warm-up to the half marathon the following week! Also, I love the Habitat organization and in my opinion, it’s hard to pay for a race if you don’t believe in the cause for which they are raising money. Otherwise, why not just go out and run on your own for free?

P.S. If you’re planning to participate in either of these two races, the prices for registration go up after August 31st! So hurry up and register! Also, both events are offering a 5K, and the Habitat race is also offering a 10K, so there are lots of options for different distances!

Week 1 (08/11): Long Run = 5 miles, Short runs = 3.5 miles each
Week 2 (08/18): Long Run = 6 miles, Short runs = 3 miles & 4 miles hills
Week 3 (08/25): Long Run = 7 miles, Short runs = 4 miles each
Week 4 (09/01): Long Run = 7 miles, Short runs = 4 miles & 5 miles hills – moving long run to Labor Day morning
Week 5 (09/08): Long Run = 8 miles, Short runs = 4 miles & 5 miles – moving long run to Sunday
Week 6 (09/15): Long Run = 9 miles, Short runs = 4 miles & 5 miles hills
Week 7 (09/22): Long Run = 10 miles, Short runs = 5 miles & 5 miles
Week 8 (09/29): Long Run = 10 miles, Short runs = 5 miles & 5 miles hills
Week 9 (10/06): Long Run = 9 miles, Short runs = 4 miles & 3 miles, Providence Presbyterian Habitat for Humanity 15K
Week 10 (10/13): Long Run = RACE DAY = 13.1, Historic Georgetown Bridge2Bridge Half-Marathon!

And our motto for this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment