Friday, May 13, 2011

Rock'N'Rolling over Cancer



I'm training for the Savannah Rock'N'Roll Half-Marathon this coming November 5, 2011. I'm joining up with the SC Chapter of Team-in-Training (TNT) to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and raise money for a cancer cure!



A few weeks ago, I ended up walking the Women's Heart & Sole race with my friends Jennifer & Amy, even though we originally signed up to run, we didn't follow through with the goal. We came across the TNT booth after the race, talked it over a little bit, then Jennifer & I decided we wanted to participate in the Savannah R&R, but we would definitely need the accountability of a team to help us get there. That's where TNT comes in. We'll be fund-raising for the L&L Society and going on training runs 3x/week with the team up until the race. Training starts Saturday morning, with a Try-A-Training, and our official training sessions start next Thursday night. We'll train all through the summer and fall to get ready for our race.

I'm sure I'll keep you updated here as well, but most of my progress updates will be over on my TNT fund-raising page. My goal is to raise at least $1900 and finish the Savannah R&R Half Marathon. You can follow my progress right there on my fund-raising site, and help support me by making a donation, spreading the word to everyone you know, and leaving me some encouraging words. If you'd like to train with me or find out how you can get more involved, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment