Sunday, October 30, 2011

Breakfast or Breakfast for Dinner - Hashbrown & Sausage Casserole

Well, I meant to take a picture, but my casserole was DEVOURED this morning in Sunday School.  I always debate what to take when it is our turn to take breakfast, because it is always so hit-or-miss what people will eat, and what you'll end up with a ton of leftovers to take home with you.  So far in our history, we've taken home a bag full of bagels and a dozen krispy kremes (not that I'm complaining), but I wanted to try something a little different today, so I made my friend Lorraine's Sausage & Hashbrown Casserole recipe. We've made this for breakfast tailgates and also "breakfast for dinner" and it turns out wonderfully, every time!

Here's what you need:
1 bag southern style frozen hashbrowns
2 cups cheddar cheese
1-2 pounds (depending on how much you like) breakfast sausage
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sourcream
1/4 cup onion chopped

Directions:
Brown sausage and onion together in a skillet, drain off extra grease.  Mix all ingredients except 1 cup of cheese and spread in greased casserole pan.  Top with remaining cup of cheese. Cook at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until browned to your liking.

If we have another early football game this year, this is definitely what I'll be making for the tailgate!

No comments:

Post a Comment