Thursday, September 30, 2010

The first soup night

Last night as we sat down to dinner, my husband said, "It's the first soup night of the year!"

We were eating Taco Soup that I got from our supper swap, mostly out of necessity because it was the only thing I could heat up fast enough and serve and also get to bible study on time. BUT, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. We have been getting our first cold rain of the year which brought in cooler temperatures, making it feel just a little like fall.

I have no idea how long this cool weather will stay, but have no doubt we'll have another warm spell before winter sets in. Fall lasts only a few days in South Carolina, but we love it :)

I'm considering having soup again for "the second soup night" of the year, tonight.

Love,
Lockslie

No comments:

Post a Comment