Monday, February 7, 2011

Hot Corn Dip

For our Superbowl Party this weekend, I made Hot Corn Dip.  I started off with this recipe, but according to my usual cooking style, I couldn't help changing a few things and making it my own.  I was really nervous about how it would turn out since I modified the recipe, but it was a hit, and at the end of the night, there wasn't a single bite left!  So, I thought I would share how I changed it up, that way I'll be able to duplicate it in the future.
Ingredients:
1 (11 ounce) can White Corn w/ Chipotle Peppers (Could also sub Mexicorn)
1/2 tube of Frozen Creamed corn **I used a quart-sized ziploc bag of corn from our annual "Corn-Putting-Up" of my Papa's SilverQueen Corn**
1 (7 ounce) can of chopped green chiles
1 cup grated Monterey Jack & Cheddar Cheese Mix (this is one of the pre-made mixes at Publix)
2/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
1/4 -1/2 cup mayonnaise
1tsp of Ground Red Pepper
2 shakes of onion powder
Ground black pepper, to taste
Extra grated cheese for topping
Corn chips, for dipping

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray or butter. In a separate bowl, mix together the corn, green chilies, cheeses, mayonnaise, and seasoning.  Spread into prepared dish and bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges.  Sprinkle extra cheese on top if you like, continue baking until completely melted, then serve warm with the corn chips. Can also be made/served in a crockpot!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment