Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Random...

Some random thoughts for today:
 
1. Why haven't I posted anything other than our menu plans for multiple weeks in a row?  I start blog posts in my head and then they never make it into writing.  So, I've taken to making notes in my email or my phone during the day so it can make it onto the blog eventually.
 
2. My sister and I are travelling this Saturday to meet someone important.  Well, perhaps not important to you, but important to us!  A daily staple in my life, actually.  We're going to see THE PIONEER WOMAN at her book signing in Evans, GA.  I am beyond excited.  I'm currently reading Black Heels to Tractor Wheels and can't wait to get it autographed by THE woman, herself.
 
3. Somehow in February, I got bogged down in Leviticus on my Bible reading.  OK, perhaps that doesn't require a SOMEHOW.  The laws that God set out for the Israelites to follow are COMPLICATED.  It is probably just a lack of understanding on my part, but wow, I don't know how they kept up with it.  So, I've got about 10 chapters to go in Leviticus before I can start on Numbers, and I'm going to have to double-time it to get back up where I need to be by the end of March.  Luckily, I've done pretty well keeping up with the New Testament readings and the Psalms, so I'm pretty much on schedule.
 
4. I'm scaling back on week-night activities starting this week.  For a two years now, I've been taking pilates two nights a week, and I absolutely love it.  But, I started to notice myself stressing over not having enough time to complete household chores, cook dinner, and spend time with my husband during the week, so I had to see where I could cut back.  Pilates is the only thing I do TWICE a week, so I felt like I could cut back one night and still be OK.  This is especially important because Ryan is about to kickoff softball season with a new team, and I need some HOME TIME in my life to keep my sanity. 
 
5. I've gotten back into going to the gym in the morning.  That's right, BEFORE WORK.  That alarm clock goes off EARLY.  I'm currently taking a class on Tues/Thurs at 6am and trying to figure out how I can make myself get out of the house slightly earlier so I can get in some running time because I'm planning to run in the Heart & Sole Women's Five-Miler at the end of April.  OK, now it's out there, I'm going to run, AGAIN.  Much prayer needed for that :)
 
6. Hosting a jewelry party next week, thinking about what kind of refreshments to serve.  Definitely want to make desserts, but haven't thought of what all I want to make yet.  Preparing all of that will be Sunday's project.  Oh, what's that you say?  You haven't heard about my jewelry party?  Well, please come hang out, and bring a friend!  Send me a message for more details!

7. Last but not least, you should head over to Leigh's blog and enter her 3-year blogiversary giveaway, featuring awesome creations from Like a Mighty River.  Head on over and enter to win!
 
OK, I think that is enough for today.  Hope you're having a WONDERFUL Mardi Gras! 

No comments:

Post a Comment