Sunday, March 6, 2011

February Menu Month-in-Review

Things have been sort of crazy, so I forgot to do the month-in-review of new stuff for February....  We only had a few new things that we tried, but here they are in order of their appearance on our menus:

Honey Mustard Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin -  Wow, this turned out to be a little more work than I thought it would be.  First of all, I think my tenderloin was a little bit too large because one strip of bacon would not wrap all the way around it.  Also, I had to search a lot for the kitchen twine (sold in a huge roll at Bed, Bath & Beyond, by the way) and couldn't figure out how to wrap the tenderloin in bacon and then wrap the twine around it without also using toothpicks.  Let's just say, it was WAY complicated for me for some reason.  The honey mustard flavor really didn't come through and it took a LONG time to get done.  It was a good try, but probably will never make it on the menu again due to its difficulty!


Hot Corn Dip - you can click this link and read more how I modified this old party favorite.  What a yummy dip.... I LOVE dips, and everyone at the Superbowl Party loved this one a lot!

Kicked Up Macaroni & Cheese - This is a cool twist on your traditional macaroni.  A lot more dry than other recipes I've made, and DEFINITELY spicier!  I would probably make it again, but add more milk and skip the chili pepper/bread crumb topping.  I don't like my macaroni crunchy!

Smothered Beef & Bean Burrito Casserole - Ryan said he loved this recipe, but I actually didn't end up eating any of it!  The night we made it, we were hosting our monthly dinner club and I ate a ton of guacamole & bean/corn dip so I only ate the chicken enchiladas.  When cooking for a crowd, I love to prepare dishes ahead of time and have them ready to throw in the oven, and this is definitely one you could make and freeze or refrigerate until you're ready to cook it!

So for new recipes, 3/4 for things I'll definitely make again.... maybe you'll see some of these on our March or April menus!

No comments:

Post a Comment