Monday, January 3, 2011

Bible Reading & Memorizing in 2011

This year, I'm planning to read my Bible daily, in order to read it completely through in just one year. The plan I'm using splits the reading into 2 Old Testament and 2 New Testament passages daily. In the past, I have tried and failed to read "cover-to-cover", so I'm hoping this different plan will make it easier.

I also hope to increase the amount of scripture I have memorized because I find the more verses I commit to memory, the more I find their applications in my life. Last year with my Bible study, we memorized verses weekly, and Psalm 1 was one of my favorites. I know this verse will encourage me this year as I endeavor to read all of God's word and tuck away more and more of it in my mind and heart. My aim is to have 52 passages under my belt come 2012 and I'm starting by re-committing Psalm 1:1-3 to memory:

"Blessed is the one who does not walk in the steps of the wicked, stand in the way of sinners, or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord and who meditates on His law both day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

No comments:

Post a Comment