Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOWED IN

Wow, we've had snow twice in two weeks here in South Carolina. Of course, the city is pretty much shut down, and since we live in the most hilly part of town, we are "snowed in". We took a walk around the neighborhood and saw one guy trying to leave, but he ended up having to all the way back down in reverse to his driveway. We woke up to about 4 inches of snow on the ground and piles of snow still falling from the sky. We have about 5-6 inches total, I think.

Beaufort had a blast running and jumping and rolling in the snow this morning, but he got little icicles all stuck in his fur, especially around his paws and face. He looked like a little polar bear!

I'm fairly antsy when stuck inside all day, so I've already unpacked and re-organized the bottom of the china cabinet, and I think the rest of the house is gonna get at least the once-over this afternoon. They're calling for freezing rain and ice tonight and in the morning, so if the city stays shut down, this could last another day. That could make for a giant goodwill donation bag and humongous trash pile if I keep it up at this rate! Here's the view out the back of the house and down the hill out front. At least the snow makes for a beautiful view!







And I'm off to the next project, I think I'm going to attempt some closet cleanout!

1 comment:

  1. sad that yall won't be able to come over since it would be dangerous but pumped about the snow! Riv had a blast in it this morning too!

    ReplyDelete