Saturday, January 8, 2011

Yummy Spinach Dip

We have our monthly dinner club tonight and I'm in charge of bringing the appetizer, so I'm making this yummy spinach dip recipe I got from a co-worker after she brought it to a work luncheon. It's a little different than any spinach dip I've had before since it has some other vegetables and it's made with greek yogurt instead of sourcream. I guess that makes it healthier for you, too! So enjoy this recipe next time you host a party or need something quick and easy to throw together and take along with you:

Ingredients:
1 Knorr Vegetable Mix packet
16 0z Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 cup Reduced fat mayonaise
1 lb plum tomatoes (diced)
1/4 cup red onion (diced)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach (thawed & squeezed dry)
1/3 cup green onions (thinly sliced)**

Preparation:
Stir together yogurt, mayo, and Knorr vegetable mix until smooth. Fold in tomatoes, onions, and spinach until evenly mixed. Cover and chill for 2+ hours. Serve with bread, crackers, chips, and veggies for dipping.**

**I left out the green onions since there are already red onions and I didn't want to buy a whole bunch of green onion since I didn't have a use for the leftovers. I'm serving it up in a white mountain bread loaf from Publix with extra bread, veggies, and chips for dipping**

No comments:

Post a Comment