Sunday, January 30, 2011

Menu Planning - Week 5 & Month in Review

I had a ROUGH week dealing with a horrible cold and some LONG days at work, so a few of our menu plans got shuffled around or totally skipped last week, so you might see some repeats this week & some EASY stuff to just throw together since I'm still recovering and honestly, just feeling lazy!  Luckily, a lot of this stuff is already in our house, so that means our grocery bill will be cheap!

1.29.11 - Eating Out
1.30.11 - Jennifer's Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes (a la Supper Swap)
1.31.11 - Chick-Fil-A Date (FREE sandwiches with your church bulletin!)
2.1.11 - Tacos
2.2.11 - Lorraine's Beef Stroganoff (a la Supper Swap)
2.3.11 - Homemade Calzones
2.4.11 - Baked Ziti with girls from work for me & hubby on his own!

This week's menu doesn't have anything new on it, but I thought this was as good time as any to go ahead and review the few new recipes I did try this month:

Mexican Chicken Casserole  - This recipe turned out good, but Ryan and I agreed it is TOO similar to the another casserole we make with Crescent Rolls, so we probably won't do the one with the corn tortillas again.  


Zuppa Toscana - LOVE IT! Tastes just like Olive Garden, maybe a little spicier, but still super! The only complaint I had was that Publix only sells Kale in a giant bag, so if anyone knows where I can find it in a smaller quantity, that info would be greatly appreciated!  It made enough for us to have lunch for another day, too, and it was great re-heated.


Baked Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas - I've been looking for a recipe like this for a while now and this hit the nail on the head!  I'm clearly a mexican-food lover, and these were a dream come true!  Great as leftovers, too!


Cream Cheese Chicken in the Crockpot - I LOVED this recipe.  Ryan was not a fan, he likes more tomato-based sauces for pasta.  I'm thinking perhaps I'll serve it with rice next time instead and he might like it better.  Any other suggestions??


Pioneer Woman's Perfect Potatoes Au Gratin - YUM YUM YUM.  Probably not the healthiest in the world, but these potatoes are awesome!  Definitely something I'll make to take with me to holiday meals and our monthly dinner club if I'm in charge of a side dish!



No comments:

Post a Comment